It is Pumpkin season!
In the Fall, my mom always made her delicious pumpkin bread!
I still love pumpkin bread, but I make mine very different than the dense pumpkin bread I grew up on!
My protein sparing pumpkin bread is light and airy, more like an angel food pumpkin bread!
I also used Wholesome Yum brown allulose in my Pumpkin Bread instead of brown sugar. Wholesome Yum brown allulose works perfectly in place of brown sugar in recipes!
Using allulose in my pumpkin bread recipe is important because allulose melts, where other sweeteners like erythritol doesn’t. The brown allulose gives my protein sparing pumpkin bread a delicious caramel flavor and the texture of the pumpkin bread using brown allulose makes it softer and more moist!
Wholesome Yum brand of allulose is the best quality allulose and they even ship to Canada!
Wholesome Yum has the best quality natural sweeteners. Wholesome Yum also doesn’t use harmful additives like some brands! I also love Wholesome Yum because they are also a kind small family-owned business. You all know I love supporting small business!
Protein Sparing Pumpkin Bread
Author: Maria Emmerich
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Separate the eggs (save the yolks for another recipe like my keto ice cream, hollandaise, mayo or lemon curd), and place the whites into a large bowl or stand mixer. Add the allulose, salt and cream of tartar if using and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff.
- Turn the mixer to low and gently mix the egg white protein powder and spices into the whites.
- Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan with Avocado oil spray and fill with protein sparing pumpkin bread mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and leave in the oven for 15 minutes to avoid the pumpkin bread from falling.
- Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall.
- Meanwhile make the glaze: Place the ingredients into a small food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. Add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner glaze.
- OPTION 2: Place the ingredients into asmall food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. Add more almond milk if you prefer a thinner glaze; add more sweetener if you prefer a thicker glaze.
- Drizzle the pumpkin bread with glaze if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
119 calories, 6g fat, 11g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E ratio 1.6
51 calories, 0.1g fat, 10g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E ratio 9.1
“I want to thank Maria Emmerich for helping me make a total transformation.
Mind. Body. Spirit.
Food changed my life.
I struggled with addiction until the age of 25. I entered a sober life and I was always looking for what would make me feel good, but the things I thought were good for me were making me tired, anxious and depressed. I ate raw food, I was a vegan and vegetarian. I would eat in the middle of the night and wake up feeling terrible.
I have also struggled with ADHD my entire life and it made raising four kids very difficult!
After having 4 kids I was really exhausted. I went to the doctor to have my blood tested and it came back great. I was confused, why was I feeling like I wanted to crawl into bed right when I woke up? Why could I not complete a signal task? Why was my anxiety at an all time high? So, I went to a functional medicine doctor and had my blood REALLY tested. My B12 was so low! She told me it was like I was a vegan for 20 years. My D was low. She said take B and D and see how you feel. I started taking the vitamins and tried the keto diet, but my way “ plant based”- I could not wrap my head around the idea that animal protein was good for me! So, I packed cups and cups of spinach into a blender with plant based protein powder and fat. I ate fat bombs and drank bulletproof coffees. My stomach always hurt and I didn’t feel like I was getting all the benefits of a fat-adapted lifestyle. Then I found Maria Emmerich.
I learned that my fat bombs and keto coffee were not the best approach.
BAM- the magic happened. I could cry- After one year, my ADHD was completely under control, I could complete tasks. I retested and my vitamin levels were completely normal.
I can wake up in the morning, I have boundless energy to take care of my four kids under the age of 8! I ran my fourth marathon- fat adapted with a PR and I woke up in the morning feeling like I just went on a run!
My body has changed, but the true healing for me has been in my mind. I have the freedom to do the things I have always wanted to do!!! Now, I have the ability to enjoy the kitchen and Maria’s recipes are the best!! Grateful for your help Maria.” – Molly
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!
Click HERE to check out my NEW Keto Packages!
Published at Mon, 04 Oct 2021 12:51:12 +0000