Are you ready to have your mind blown??? You MUST try my Protein Sparing Chicken Burritos!
I LOVE this recipe for many reasons!
For one, it is delicious! I also love this chicken burrito recipe because I make it in my slow cooker! I know many of you think of slow cooking as a fall or winter cooking method, but I use my slow cooker in the summer! I love that I can easily place all the ingredients into my slow cooker. I even place all the ingredients into the shell of the slow cooker the night before so all I have to do is take it out of the fridge in the morning and turn it on!
Making my protein sparing chicken burritos in a slow cooker is awesome for busy families that have kids in after-school activities because the slow cooker keeps the protein sparing chicken warm and each family member can open the slow cooker to eat when they get home from activities.
My recipe for protein sparing chicken burritos is so easy! I love that all I have to do is open a jar of Primal Kitchen Ketchup toss the ingredients into a slow cooker!
Primal Kitchen Ketchup has the most delicious tomato flavor! It works perfect for giving these chicken burritos a spicy tang! All recipes should include an acid. Acid in recipes helps enhance the flavor profile and makes food taste delicious!
I love adding Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo to this chicken burrito because it gives a creamy texture without the dairy! I know that going dairy free can be hard but thanks to things like Primal Kitchen mayo, you can enjoy the creamy texture without the sour cream!
You are going to love this protein sparing recipe!
Primal Kitchen is SO generous that they are doing a special discount for all of my readers! Use code: Maria for 20 % off!
Click HERE to learn more about Protein Sparing Modified Fasting.
Protein Sparing Chicken Burrito
Author: Maria Emmerich
- 2 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Primal Kitchen Ketchup
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Redmond Real salt
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 PSMF Tortillas (click HERE)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado oil spray
- Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Cilantro leaves
- Shredded lettuce
- Place the filling ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Shred with a fork. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Meanwhile, make the protein sparing tortillas.
- Lay one tortilla on a clean working surface. Smear Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime mayo into the center of the tortilla.
- Place ¼ of the filling into the center of the tortilla. Add whatever fillings you prefer. Fold over edges of tortilla and roll up into burrito shape.
- Best served fresh.
242 calories, 7g fat, 38g protein, 4g carbs, 1g fiber
P:E ratio 3.8
“I am down 97lbs and living life again and doing what I love, riding and hiking. I’m thankful to Maria and Craig Emmerich! Like I said above I couldn’t of done it without your hard work. It’s now a lifestyle that our family is following.” – Jessie
Most people I consult are doing keto totally wrong. Get fast results with the my NEW Keto Packages!
Published at Wed, 01 Sep 2021 12:30:15 +0000