These keto ground beef recipes are EASY to make and require minimal prep, and make any ketogenic diet a breeze! Over 30 delicious recipes, including casseroles, soups, hamburger, and more!
I’ve been following a low carb diet for over five years now, and dinner recipes are my favorite.
After a hectic and busy day at work, I find it soothing to come home and prepare a simple and delicious dinner from scratch. While I enjoy cooking with seafood (we love Chilean sea bass) or chicken, my go-to ingredient to use is ground beef.
Can you eat hamburger meat on a keto diet?
Hamburger meat, also known as ground beef, is suitable for a keto diet. Not only is it high in protein, depending on which cut of ground beef you use, also contains moderate to high amounts of fat.
However, you need to be careful when choosing hamburger meat, as some have thickeners, flour, and flavorings added to them.
Which ground beef is best for a keto diet?
All kinds of ground beef are fine on a keto diet, and it will depend on the recipe as to which one you choose to use. Leaner cuts are great for stir-fries and casseroles, whereas the fattier cuts (like 80/20 beef) are fantastic for sauces, burgers, and meatballs.
What is a good keto recipe using ground beef?
- Ground beef– Lean ground beef or extra lean ground beef. I find the leaner cuts work best for a stir-fry dish.
- Sesame oil– A flavorful and rich tasting oil
- Garlic– Freshly minced.
- Water– To thin out the strong flavors.
- Brown sugar substitute– Homemade keto brown sugar that has all the flavor, minus the calories and carbs.
- Soy sauce– For a gluten free option, use gluten free soy sauce or tamari.
- Black pepper– Adds a punch of flavor without being overtly spicy.
- Xanthan gum– Optional, but thickens the mixture.
- Green onions– To serve.
Start by adding the sesame oil into a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break it apart and stir-fry until no longer pink. While the beef is sizzling, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, brown sugar substitute, soy sauce, pepper, and xanthan gum.
Now, remove any excess liquid from the beef. Add the sauce into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until it has thickened. Remove from the heat and serve with your favorite keto sides, like cauliflower rice.
Storing and freezing instructions
- To store: Leftover ground beef stir fry can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to one week.
- To freeze: Place the cooked and cooled dish in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to six months.
Keto ground beef recipes
These are the best keto recipes with ground beef and dinner ideas that are easy to make and even more delicious to eat. You’ll find crock pot recipes, soups, stews, casseroles, and more. Every single dish can be prepped in advance but really, there is no need to- They all take less than 20 minutes to cook and use simple ingredients!
Frequently Asked Questions
Ground beef is a zero carb food and contains no carbs.
Ground beef is something you can enjoy every day on any diet, ketogenic included. Like any diet though, variety is key to ensure you are getting all the nutrients.
80/20 ground beef and 85/15 ground beef contain higher amounts of fat and are fantastic to consume. The higher fat content helps with satiety and fullness.
Unprocessed meats like organic chicken breast, ground beef, turkey, lamb, and pork are all great options on a keto diet. Bacon, salami, and other processed meats are something you can enjoy occasionally.
- In a large, non-stick pan, add the sesame oil and place it over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break it apart. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- While the beef is cooking, add the water, brown sugar substitute, soy sauce, pepper, and xanthan gum to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove any excess liquid. Add the sauce mixture and let everything simmer together for 4-5 minutes, or until everything has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with green onions.
TO FREEZE: Place the cooked and cooled dish in an airtight container and store it in the freezer for up to six months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 3mg | NET CARBS: 1g
Published at Sat, 12 Feb 2022 09:00:00 +0000